Simple and Effective Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
Nothing burns belly fat quicker than crunches, which occupy the first position in fat-burning exercises. Now, it’s time that you start doing this exercise.
How To Do
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back down, and exhale as you come up.
- Do this 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
Dumbbell crossover punch, shoulder press, and side crunch, butterfly crunch.
While doing crunches, rather than entering the full sit-up position, just lift your back a few inches from the ground. This assures you don’t hurt your back.
Also, don’t jerk your head ahead while doing crunches. This will put pressure on your neck and end in pain. Just hold your hands above your head and do the exercise.
2. Vertical Leg Crunch
How To Do
- Lie flat on the floor, or on the mat, with your legs extended upwards (towards the ceiling) and one knee crossed over the other.
- Now that you have positioned your body perfectly, do the same as you would have done in the case of crunches. That is, breathe in and lift your upper body from the floor towards the pelvis.
- Breathe out slowly. As you bring yourself down, breathe in again, and exhale as you go up.
- Do 12 to 15 reps and up to three sets.
Start by performing only a few repetitions of this exercise, as it can make you feel uncomfortable if you overdo it initially.
3. Twist Crunch
Once you get used to the regular crunches, adjust the basic crunch to get an even more powerful stomach exercise.
How To Do
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees as you would do in crunches, keeping your feet on the floor.
- You have to lift your upper torso while performing crunches. But, in twist crunches, you have to lift just your right shoulder towards the left, keeping the left side of your torso on the ground.
- Again alternatively, lift your left shoulder towards the right, keeping the right side of your torso on the ground.
- Repeat 10 times.
4. Side Crunch
How To Do
This is similar to the twist crunch exercise. The only exception is that you need to tilt your legs to the same side together with your shoulders. The side crunch concentrates on the muscles on your sides.
Make sure you keep your moves steady and slow. The midsection, being a complex area, could hurt if you do the twists in a speedy fashion.
5. Reverse Crunch
Now it’s time to do reverse crunches. This is a different good exercise to decrease belly fat.
How To Do
This is also similar to the twist crunch exercise. The only exception that you need to do is tilt your legs behind together with your shoulders. The side crunch concentrates on the muscles on your sides.
Keep your back straight while doing the exercise, as stretching it can result in pain, and in some cases, even injury.
6. Lunge Twist
This is an exercise for beginners who want to reduce belly fat fast.
How To Do
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Lunge forward as shown in the picture. Take a big step forward with your right leg, and sit down as if on a chair so that your knees make a 90-degree angle with the floor. The left leg should be positioned backward, supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward.
- Twist your torso (just the torso, and not the legs) to the right and then to the left.
- Repeat 15 times.
7. Bending Side To Side
This is yet another ideal exercise for decreasing belly fat.
How To Do
- Stand erect with your feet together and keep your hands to the sides.
- Keeping your legs grounded, bend your body to the right as much as possible till you feel a strain on your left waist. As you do so, ensure your right hand is on the right hip, and the left hand is raised upwards. Stay in the position for 15 seconds.
- Return to the original position.
- Now bend to the left, and retain the position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly, you may increase the holding time to 30 seconds.
8. Rolling Plank Exercise
The rolling plank shapes the muscles around your abdomen, hip, and lower back.
How To Do
- Position yourself on the floor with your knees and elbows resting on the ground.
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward.
- Lift the knees up and support your legs on the toes.
- Contract your knees and keep breathing normally.
- This is the plank pose. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds.
Now, start moving to and fro for the next 30 seconds. This is the rolling plank exercise.
- Lie down on the floor sideways.
- Support yourself on your right elbow and right leg. Your elbow should be perpendicular to the shoulder, and the left leg should be above the right leg, keeping them together.
- Keep your knees straight. Your hips should not be touching the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds. Once you get comfortable, you may hold this for one to two minutes.
- Repeat on the other side too.
While you are in this position, you may also lift the leg on the top and bring it down again. This makes the exercise more efficient – it works not only your abs but also your thighs and hips.
Knee plank, rocking plank, reverse plank.
Plank is a vigorous exercise, and you might feel like holding your breath while doing it. But don’t do that, as you might experience nausea or dizziness.
9. Bicycle Crunch
No, you don’t need a bicycle for this. Thinking about how you can do this?
How To Do
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head as you do in crunches.
- Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
- Bring your right knee close to your chest, keeping your left leg away.
- Now take your right leg away and bring your left leg close to your chest.
- Keep doing this as if you are paddling a bicycle.
10. Captain’s Chair
All you need to do this activity is a chair.
How To Do
- Sit on the chair with your spine straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Keep both hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips, facing downward.
- Inhale deeply.
- As you exhale, bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for five seconds. Don’t bend forward and arch your back.
- Bring down your legs slowly and repeat.
Hanging knee raises, lying leg raise.
With swimming, you get the advantages of cardio – from losing weight to toning your body – all at the same time! The strokes you pick should be up-tempo and exhausting in order to help you burn more calories. You can begin by going for a swim once or twice every week.
If you don’t like running, try jogging alternatively. Studies suggest that jogging is more efficient in breaking down undesired fat when compared to weightlifting. This is a form of aerobic exercise that is greatly useful for fighting obesity and staying fit.
You have to prevent your body from getting used to any fixed workout routine. Hence, you can switch occasionally. Try running for a change. It is an effective way to keep your heart rate up, burn calories, and lose belly fat.
One of the principal cardio exercises to decrease belly fat is walking. Shocked? Do you think it’s too easy to be effective? Well, then you should know that walking is a great and powerful way to burn away that ugly belly fat. In fact, it is a wonderful fat burner for your entire body. If you follow a healthy diet along with walking at a constant pace for 30-45 minutes for at least four to five days every week, you will observe a progressive decrease in your weight.
This low-impact exercise boosts your metabolism as well as your heart rate. An enhanced metabolic rate will burn away calories at a quicker pace, thus helping to eradicate the fat accumulated around your belly. In fact, walking reduces the risk of injuries and is supposed to be a good workout for beginners.
This is another efficient cardio exercise that helps you drop belly fat by burning calories. Assure that your heart rate goes up while you are cycling.
Follow these powerful and simple exercises to reduce belly fat. You can comfortably do most of these exercises at home without the help of any personal trainer. All you need is courage and a lot of endurance. Reducing tummy fat is no longer a difficult dream!
Read Next: Do Crunches Really Help You Burn Belly Fat?