It is a very popular belief, that if you want to lose weight, drink warm lemon water with a pinch of honey first thing in the morning. A large number of people swear by drinking lemon water for weight loss every day.
Lemon water can keep you feel full, support hydration, boost metabolism and promote weight loss. When it comes to losing fat, lemon water is no better than regular water. But it could potentially help in weight loss and improve health since it can be used as a low-calorie replacement for higher calorie beverages.
Key Ingredients and their Role
- Water: Drinking water as soon as you get up in the morning help to boost your metabolic levels significantly, which will help to promote weight loss.
- Lemon: Lemon is the powerhouse of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin C is said to have powerful weight loss properties. The acidic content of lemon also helps in better absorption of calcium and lowers the absorption of sugar from the food we eat.
- Honey: Honey is an optional ingredient that adds natural flavor, vitamins, minerals, and sweetness to the drink.
Will lemon water help you lose weight?
Lemon water is a low-calorie beverage that can be used as a replacement for other high-calorie beverages and promote weight loss. It can keep you hydrated, thereby reducing water retention and promoting fat loss. Drinking lemon water can also boost metabolism by burning calories. It keeps you feeling full for a longer period, which helps to reduce calorie intake and aid in weight loss. So you will lose some weight from drinking warm lemon water in the short term. But once your body gets used to drinking lemon and hot water, the weight loss might decrease or stop.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
- Promotes Hydration
- Improves Skin Quality
- Great source of Vitamin C
- Improves Digestion
- Help in Weight Loss
- Prevent Kidney Stones
- Freshens Breath
- Reduces Hunger Pangs
- Strengthens the Brain and Reduces Stress
- Cleanses the Liver
- Balances pH
- Boosts Immunity
So, drinking lemon water alone will never help you to lose fat simply. In fact, there is no such single nutrient or food that can help you lose fat. Although lemon water is a healthy drink to consume first thing in the morning, or at any other time of the day, or it even works well as a low calorie and healthy replacement to unhealthy high-calorie beverages. The best way to lose weight is to follow a healthy, balanced diet, augmented with exercise, physical activity and sufficient rest.Lemon water can be an important part of a healthy diet, but don’t expect it to magically melt your fat away.