Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Cook Time: 20 mins
Let’s talk about the ingredients in this wholesome smoothie! Well, first of all, let’s talk about what’s not in this smoothie – “No Added Sugar”! That’s true, you don’t need any extra sugar in this smoothie, it gets loads of sweetness from the strawberries and the watermelon.
There are only 4 ingredients in this healthy smoothie – strawberries, watermelon, low-fat yogurt, and chia seeds!
- 100 gms fresh strawberries
- 150 gms low-fat yogurt
- 50 gms watermelon, chopped
- For the topping: 1/4 cup chia seeds
To make the strawberry watermelon smoothie, place all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender and blend to your desired consistency. Pour the blended smoothie in a glass and top with chia seeds. Mix well and relish your pretty pink smoothie.
Notwithstanding the common belief that watermelon is nothing more than water and sugar, you might be astonished to learn that it is actually classified as a nutrient-dense food.
- Reduces Blood Pressure.
- Relieve Post-Workout Muscle Soreness.
- Beneficial To Overall Heart Health.
- May Help Prevent Lung Cancer.
A delicious and juicy summer fruit, the strawberry is one of the few examples where it is possible to truly say that eating a remarkably healthy diet can taste more satisfying than one high in sugars, salts, and saturated fats.
- Strawberries are extremely high in vitamin C.
- Strawberries are great for the cardiovascular system.
- Strawberries also have potent anti-cancer properties.
Almost everyone enjoys a good, creamy yogurt: be it low-fat, fruit yogurt, extravagantly thick and rich Greek yogurt, or something in between, these healthy foods are amazingly nutritious and full of calcium, protein and a number of nutrients that are advantageous to our health.
- Help Lose And Maintain A Healthy Weight.
- Can Lower Blood Pressure.
- Probiotic Yogurt Can Lower Cholesterol.
- Can Allow Lactose Digestion In Lactose Intolerant People.
Even though the seeds are very minute, they are packed with nutrients; 100g of chia seeds contains 34g of fiber,16g of protein, 83% of your RDA of magnesium and 42% of your RDA of iron.
- Fantastic protein source for vegans and vegetarians.
- Chia seeds are excellent after working out and for those trying to lose weight.
- The fiber they contain is food for the good bacteria in your intestines and therefore helps to keep your digestive system running correctly, fighting off problems such as constipation.
- High in antioxidants.
- Chia seeds have been shown to help with bone health as they are high in phosphorus and calcium.
- They can help reduce blood pressure and inflammation in type 2 diabetics.